About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, March 02, 2017

New Liner Day!

Today is going to be a great day! 

I don't have any grand plans. I'm not expecting surprises or accolades. I am not expecting anybody to help me around the house, nor am I convinced that Hamlet will remain tantrum free. But I know that it is going to be a great day because today is "new liner day."

Unlike new leg days, where I receive either a new socket and/or a new feet, on new liner day I feel nothing but benefits. Sometimes new sockets can be frustrating as the kinks are worked out in the quest for a perfect fit. A new foot forces me to reevaluate my gait pattern, which can become tiresome. The compression and cushioning of a new liner leaves me with a spring in my step without any of the frustrations associated with other prosthetic changes. 

There is nothing quite like the feel of a new liner on my limb. Cool and crisp as I roll it on, my limb feels happy with the cushiony support that is only provided by a new liner. As the days go on and the liner becomes worn, it is inevitable that the compression will loosen and the cooling gel will wear away. But today, the liner feels awesome and I plan to enjoy every step.

No comments:

Post a Comment