About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Party Wrap Up

My little Koopa had a fantastic birthday party. He was smiling from ear to ear throughout the party and I could tell he was especially happy that his cousins were able to come. The grand finale, cutting his birthday cake with the sword, certainly did not disappoint!

The past week has sent me across the country, back in time for a World War 2 festival, and preparing for a party. I have been in constant motion, and the excitement is starting to catch up with me. I'm tired! I feel like I need a vacation to recover from all of the commotion from the past week.

Speaking of vacation, it is hard to believe that Robby's last day of school is Friday. Scott will finish next Thursday, and then everybody will be on summer vacation.  I'm looking forward to spending afternoons at the pools and lazy evenings by the fire pit. Because of my reduced workload, I'm optimistic that this year I'll be able to enjoy the season instead of struggling to work full time and take care of everybody else. I will still be working, but the reduction in hours and stress will hopefully translate into a relaxing and enjoyable summer.

With the birthday party over, I feel like life can finally return to a semblance of normalcy. Today I will be able to put away the cake pans and cake decorating supplies that have been littering my kitchen counter tops.  I'll try to make a dent in the laundry tsunami that keeps falling on me in the closet, and the dishwasher will be humming most of the day. Hopefully the weather will cooperate so Timmy and I can sneak to the farm for an hour or two. I think we are both in need of some quality playtime.


No comments:

Post a Comment