About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

"No No No"

I realize it is the middle of July, so perhaps I am pointing out the obvious when I mention that it is hot. I don't mind warm temperatures, but strong enough air conditioning doesn't exist to make the 110 degree heat index comfortable. Thankfully these days are not frequent in Northern Virginia, and we have the pool as an escape.

I have great respect for my amputee friends who live in southern climates. I don't know how you do it! Yesterday afternoon I was miserable wearing my leg. My limb felt like it was baking inside the black carbon fiber socket. The sweat only served to lubricate my limb from the liner, causing me to slip and piston slightly with each step. I purposefully took my leg off while sitting over the bathtub because I knew I was going to empty out a small pond of sweat that accumulated at the bottom of the liner.  Ick!

Today is going to be another scorcher. With the heat index over 100 degrees again, we are going to try to get all of our errands done early in the morning. The afternoon is reserved for shuttling to various doctor appointments, leaving us little opportunity to escape the sweltering heat. I'm counting on the hospital to have their air conditioning on overdrive this afternoon.  If it isn't, this menopausal one-legged woman is going to be miserable. 


On a separate but related note, I wanted to share this short video of Timmy.  I think it demonstrates my life at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment