About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Abbreviated Fun Week

With Scott busy enduring the beginning of the school year preparations at work, I decided to take the boys to my Mom's to enjoy our last few days of summer vacation. I felt badly leaving Scott home alone until he politely reminded me that he would enjoy the solitude when he came home from the mind-numbing meetings.  Robby, and Timmy by default, were thrilled with the prospect of spending a few more days playing with his cousins. Robby misses them during the school year and, despite our best efforts, he probably won't see them much until Thanksgiving break. Navigating divorce and custody issues is never easy. I have learned to take the time I get to see my niece and nephews as a gift because it doesn't happen nearly often enough!

Last night we kicked off our abbreviated week of fun with a rousing game of Bean Boozled. (For some reason playing a masochistic form of candy Russian Roulette is fun for tweens.) Personally I don't see the lure of popping mystery candy to determine if it is chocolate or dog food flavored, but the kids loved the game. The evening was filled with squeals of laughter, gagging and endless chatter. I love watching them all playing together, and I'm going to miss these times when school resumes.

Today we are headed to Hershey Park ( an amusement park) for the afternoon. I'll assume Timmy duty on the tot rides while the big kids go out on their own (with stipulations of course). The cousin pack will certainly have a blast tackling the roller coasters and flume rides. They love being independent and exploring on their own, but I will always worry when I see them walking away from me. Thank goodness for cell phones because I expect to be bombarded with selfies and texts throughout the day.


I'm sure that Timmy will be delighted with the trucks and train rides, although I have no doubt he would prefer to join the big kids on the fast rides.  He is definitely my little thrill seeker. Considering my dislike for spinning, dipping and going fast, I am going to have enough trouble keeping up with him in the kiddie park.

Wish me luck wrangling everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment