About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Masterpiece

This was a sad weekend for everybody in our country, but the violence felt closer to home because it occurred in Virginia. I know that racism and bigotry have always been present, but it seems that those previously hushed beliefs are now emboldened. In an all too familiar scene, I watched the events unfold on television on Saturday and my heart broke. Again I was at a loss when it came to explaining the situation to Robby. 

As the afternoon wore on I found myself feeling increasingly distressed about Charlottesville. It was quite fortuitous that Robby and I had special activity planned because it forced me to unplug and escape. I left Timmy with Scott while Robby and I went to a painting studio. He has been wanting to paint on canvas for awhile so when I saw the "Turtle Migration" painting on their instruction calendar, I knew it was the perfect opportunity to knock something else off our summer bucket list. 

Robby loved every moment of the painting experience. He was excited to be at the studio and was attentive to the instructor and charming with the other artists. He was focused and locked into his project from the first stroke to the last. I had a good time painting, but I found more enjoyment from watching Robby at work. His enthusiasm is contagious!

We came home from the studio and he was smiling from ear to ear as he was showing his Daddy his masterpiece. After carefully surveying our walls, he chose to hang both turtle paintings above the fireplace in our bedroom. Saturday night I found him on the computer perusing the painting calendar for the next few weeks. Something tells me that our walls are going to be filled with Koopa masterpieces in the next few months.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful paintings. Can't wait to see the filled walls. ❤️

    ReplyDelete