About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, October 09, 2017

Feeling Better

Finally, after nearly a week, I am starting to feel normal again. My ear pain has lessened to a stuffy sensation, providing welcome relief from the near constant stabbing I was experiencing last week. I am feeling better, and stronger, each day. Thank goodness because I'm fairly certain that Timmy wouldn't tolerate any more quiet days. Over the past week his little trampoline has been a godsend, allowing him to jump to his heart content while I convalesced on the couch. After several days inside even his preferred activity is growing old and he is ready for an adventure.  

This weekend was low-key. It was rainy which was fine by me because I wasn't really up to playing outside.  Timmy spent a lot of time alternating between his trampoline and his trains. Considering that he is three, he did a fantastic job entertaining and playing by himself.  I don't want to jinx anything, but I am noticing that his destructive throwing stage seems to be waning. Although I still wince when he holds up toys it is more reactionary than protective. 

We are in for a day of steady cold rain, meaning that we are relegated to indoor activities. I'm going to try to find an indoor playground, but I'm not overly optimistic that I will find anything appropriate. Most playgrounds are closed on Mondays and those that are open will probably be busy because today is a holiday. Much to my little Hamlet's chagrin, we may be destined for another day at home.  


No comments:

Post a Comment