About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Our Great Wolf New Year Adventure

Sunday afternoon all of the Cousin Crew, along with Scott and my sister, met up at Great Wolf Lodge to celebrate New Year's Eve together. All of the kids were ecstatic to be at Great Wolf for the celebration. Robby has been there once before and acted like the leader, showing his cousins around and filling them in on all of the activities and opportunities. My niece and nephews have been begging to go to Great Wolf Lodge for years, probably since they first saw the television commercials. Scott and I were delighted to be able to include everybody in our little New Year's getaway. 

Robby and the Cousin Crew had a blast splashing in the water park and playing MagicQuest throughout the lobby. Timmy was thrilled to play in the smaller pools and slides. Unlike our last visit, the wave pool was fully operational, and we were able to fully experience everything the resort had to offer. It turns out that Timmy is quite a fond of the wave pool. Each time he heard the telltale howls which announced the impending waves, he took off towards the pool, giggling and smiling so broadly that we were sure his little cheeks were going to ache.

Sunday night Scott stayed in the room with Timmy while the Cousin Crew, along with my sister and me, headed to the special New Year's Eve party. Armed with glow-in-the-dark bubble wands, the kids fully absorbed the party atmosphere. They began to fatigue and we returned to our room around 10, but they were eager to go back at midnight for the balloon drop.  Since my sister was there I figured I'd let her take the lead. I went to bed and she returned to the party with the Crew.  

Despite being up past midnight, the kids were awake relatively early on Monday morning. Armed with their magic wands, they continued their magical quest. Timmy, Scott and I headed back to the water park for a few hours of fun before we had to pack up and leave.  Soon the Crew joined us, and everybody was splashing together. I was sad when I noted the time and realized that check-out was approaching. Our little holiday adventure was wonderful, but unfortunately all good things eventually end. We dried off, packed up and drove home. 

Although we had to leave, we started 2018 in style. The Cousin Crew was together and having a blast. I was able to help fulfill a Great Wolf dream for my niece and nephews, and Robby loved sharing the resort with his cousins. Timmy had fun at the water park and smiled from ear to ear trying to keep up with the big kids. If our kick off to the new year is any indication, the next twelve months should be amazing!


I've said it before- he is a really good sport.








Trying PopRocks for the first time



JR (formerly known as Jared) tried shrimp for the first time at the urging of Uncle Scott.

He might have slept through the party, but that doesn't stop him from partying when he wakes up!


No comments:

Post a Comment