About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Paging Nurse Momom

I was relieved that Scott was able to stay home on Friday to help care for the boys. Having him home over the weekend was extremely helpful because we were able to divide our time between sitting with Robby and Timmy. Even though the boys were still sick I knew that Scott needed to return to work. Despite my nerves about being alone with the plague and Scott's apprehensions about leaving, everything went as well as we could have hoped. 

I don't want to jinx anything, but I think Timmy might be starting to recover. His fever is steady at 101, and his energy levels are starting to return. Over the weekend he was lethargic and showed little interest in playing. While he certainly wasn't his typical bundle of energy, yesterday afternoon he began to quietly play with his trains and his cars. His fever is no longer spiking and he just seems to be more comfortable. I'm hoping that we turned the corner and that he will continue to be on the mend.

Unfortunately Robby's recovery seems to have derailed. His fever has returned, and his energy is depleted. He spent much of the day in bed, sleeping and nursing a fever that was higher than it was for the previous 24 hours. I'm not sure why his symptoms are starting to return, but I'll probably take him back to the doctor today if he doesn't show signs of improvement.  

Somehow Scott and I have both remained unscathed by the flu. With the invasive exposure, I'm not quite sure how we managed to remain healthy but I am certainly grateful! Hopefully we will remain uninfected so that we can continue to take care of the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment