About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, March 23, 2018

3 Years

Last night I kept dreaming about my Dad. The dreams were so vivid that I woke up several times in the middle of the night. Each time I had to remind myself that he is gone. I am sure that the influx of dreams is because we are approaching the third anniversary without him on Saturday. It is hard to believe that it has been three years.

When I think about the past three years I feel sad and angry.  My Dad will never watch Timmy grow up, never heard his first word and will never see his radiant smile when he hears a train whistle. He missed hearing about Robby's sea turtle adventures and seeing the art that he is now creating in school.  I miss talking to him about my professional aspirations and dreams. He missed out on so much!

I try to keep my Dad's memory alive through stories, which Robby and my niece and nephews relish. Almost every time the Cousin Crew is together they beg to hear more Candy Papaw stories. The Crew happily listen to the same stories again when I can't think of a new one to share. I hate that there will be no more stories!

No doubt that the next 48 hours will be emotional, but I'm going to do my best to keep everything in check. I don't want to wallow in the grief. The best way to honor my Dad is to have fun with my kids, so that is what I'll do.  


No comments:

Post a Comment