About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Phantom Pain and Frustrations

My phantom pain has been off the charts lately. I'm fine during the day, but at nighttime the electric shocks and toenail twisting sensations return with a vengeance. Sunday night the pain was so intense that I ended up on the couch, crying frustrated tears because I couldn't find relief. Last night was not any better. Despite me taking something to help me sleep, between my pain and Timmy I only slept four hours.

Although I am continuing to feel the fatigue from the concussion, sleeping has been nearly impossible. I've been running on fumes for the past few days, and I feel like I'm going to crash soon. I find myself fighting to keep my emotions in check, especially with Timmy.

Okay, perhaps I need to confess something. To be honest, every male in this house right now is driving me to my wits end. I love my children dearly, but this is one of those days I just look at them and wonder where I went so wrong! Timmy wreaks havoc at every opportunity and Robby seems perfectly comfortable sitting on his perch by the computer squawking requests for snacks. I'm not a jungle gym, nor am I a maid! 

Today our warm weather is supposed to take a wicked wintery turn, which is probably the cause of my sudden phantom issues. Yesterday Timmy and I spent the afternoon playing outside and riding our bikes. Tonight and tomorrow we are expecting up to 8 inches of snow. Whenever there are strong fluctuations in weather my not-so-phantom pain rears up.  

I'm hoping that after the storm passes my leg will return to normal. Sometimes being an amputee just stinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment