About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, March 29, 2018

#BigAppleCircus

We had a fabulous time at the Big Apple Circus yesterday!

Entering the tent Timmy was a big apprehensive. He was delighted to be with the family and in the middle of the action, but overwhelmed by the new sights, sounds and smells that inundated us as we walked through the flaps.  It didn't take long for him to adjust to the novelty. He spent time before the show jumping up and down in front of our seats happily pointing out everything that was within sight.

As soon as the show began Timmy was transfixed on the performance. I could see the awe in his eyes as he watched the acrobats and trapeze artists fly through the sky. He laughed at the clowns (especially when they spit water, a feat I'm fairly certain will now be attempted) and squealed with delight when the puppies came into the ring. 

Even though he is a tween, Robby enjoyed the show.  I even saw him laugh at the clowns (although he denies it adamantly.) I also saw both his and his Daddy's eyes pop out of their sockets when the lady contortionist performed her feats of flexibility in front of them. Robby denies being impressed, Scott proudly claims the admiration. 

Today I'm packing up the boys to visit with my Mom and the Cousin Crew for a few days. It feels like our Spring Break is finally getting back on track!






No comments:

Post a Comment