About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Pee Pee Monkey

Our first official day of Spring Break did not set a positive tone for the rest of the week.  Everybody was in a bad mood and grumpy. Timmy, who did not sleep well, went into "naughty hyper mode." He was extremely high maintenance, which was not convenient considering my work projects. 

I was hopeful that the extra set of hands would help me to relax and allow me to work without feeling frazzled. Instead I found myself huddled in the bathroom, sitting between Pee Pee Monkey (training urinal) and the "I did it" talking potty, with my laptop and my phone. With the door locked, it was the only place I could find to work without somebody needing something and without being crawled over or jumped onto.

Instead of an extra set of hands, I found myself dealing with extra mouths, demands and endless chores. We are going to have to come to an agreement, or the rest of this week is going to be miserable. A bathroom is not an office. Although Pee Pee Monkey has a cute smile, he makes a lousy office mate!



No comments:

Post a Comment