About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Playzones

The past week Timmy's days have been filled with mini adventures. I love going to playgrounds, bounce houses and toddler zones with him. He is at such a fun age, where everything is amazing and wonderful while he still has unabashed desires to be with his Mommy. Hamlet also absolutely adores playing with other kids that I have no doubt he will thrive in school. (If his autoimmune system remains strong through the summer, I think I will have a part-time preschooler next year.) 

Today we will forgo the playgrounds and hang out at home. My leg is a little sore from constant bounce house hopping, and I really need to give it a rest. I realize that I tend to overdo it when playing with Timmy. When he wants to play with me I tend to forget that I'm in my mid 40's, and that I only have one leg. 

The bursa has calmed down, but I am still using my original socket. Next week I have an appointment to obtain the proper paperwork to officially launch the re-fitting process. Things were so much simpler before I had to get physician documentation before each prosthetic service. It is absurd that I must constantly verify that I am missing a limb! I wish the lawmakers understood the frustrations and lifestyle intrusions involved with jumping through their red tape.

The weather is supposed to be beautiful, so I'm sure I can convince him to trade hopping for bike riding. I'm sure I will still get tired, but at least the impact on my limb will be minimal.




No comments:

Post a Comment