About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Weather Pain

The unsettled weather is wreaking havoc on my limb and on my psyche. With the hurricane churning a few hundred miles away, the pattern seems established for the next week. I have added ibuprofen to my morning routine, trying to get ahead of the pain but I'm not sure it is working. Of course, I don't want to forgo a dose and discover otherwise, so I'll stay on my dosing until I see the sun again.

It isn't only my leg that aches more than normal. My entire body is hurting. The pain isn't debilitating, but it is most certainly annoying.  Every morning I feel like I'm waking up to a sadistic form of the pain lottery as I anticipate what is going to hurt more today. I am feeling middle age with a vengeance!

Thankfully we are only supposed to receive rain from the hurricane, sparing us from the originally predicted high winds and hail. The forecast could change quickly, so we are still preparing for the worst. Between hurricanes and the soon-to-be-a-factor snow season, we will probably need our supplies at some point in the coming months. In addition to bottles of water, food, and wood for burning, I'm adding the Costco size bottle of ibuprofen to the emergency supply list. Because regardless of the weather event, I will be needing the pain medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment