About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Falling Leaves

With another Aunt Peggy Adventure in the books, it is time to return to reality. Yesterday afternoon we traveled back to Virginia, finished up some school work and prepared for the week ahead. The calendar is bragging that the work week is one day shorter but my schedule is not faring as well. True to my new normal, I'm going to be busy. After so much traveling throughout September, I'm just grateful to be busy at home and not in a hotel room!

The temperatures are still unseasonably warm, but the leaves have decided that it is time to fall. Our yard is suddenly covered with colorful leaves. I have a love/ hate relationship with autumn. I love the aesthetics of the season, but I hate trying to walk around or on wet leaves because they turn my yard into a giant slip and slide. 

My biological foot naturally adjusts to maintain traction, but I am not so lucky on my prosthetic side. Lacking the proprioception under my prosthesis, I can't tell when the leaves are slipping until I am in the middle of a fall.  Other than avoidance and caution, I haven't discovered any tips to help safeguard against slipping and falling on the leaves. If you have any tricks I would love to hear them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment