About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Pedal Power

Due to a steady stream of meetings on my calendar, Scott took Robby to his PE class last night. Timmy rode along with them, leaving me with a quiet house so that I could concentrate. Scott and Timmy headed to WalMart after dropping off Robby, hoping to fulfill a small list and to spend an hour walking around. 

About 40 minutes into their excursion I received a video of Timmy riding a bike through the aisles of WalMart. I was surprised because it was a two-wheel bicycle (with training wheels). My little Hamlet has never ridden a two-wheel bike, but he looked like a seasoned pro. I could tell by the pure glee written all over his face that the chances of him coming home with a new Paw Patrol bicycle were high. 

By the time the boys came home, my meetings were finished and dinner was ready. Timmy came sprinting up the stairs, excitedly took my hand and led me to the front door. He screamed "ta da" as soon as his Daddy walked into the house, holding a bright blue Paw Patrol bicycle.

My little guy is growing up too quickly!





No comments:

Post a Comment