About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, January 02, 2019

Last Day

Today is the last day of winter vacation. Tomorrow Scott will return to work and Robby will resume his schoolwork. Although it was nice having everybody home, I'm looking forward to returning to our schedule. My house has been chaotic for the past two weeks and I feel like it might take another two weeks to undo the damage of our vacation.

Unlike other winter vacations, we didn't embark on any adventures over the past few weeks. I visited my Mom once, but other than that we stayed home. With my employment in flux we just didn't feel like it was the right time to go away. Even though we didn't travel, our staycation has left us feeling relaxed and rested. The kids didn't seem to mind our lack of activity because they were able to play with their new Christmas treasures.  

The plan is to remove the Christmas tree today so that I can reclaim my living room. I know that Timmy will be sad to see it leave, but hopefully he will be content to know that it will be repurposed as animal habitat in our woods. Once the tree is gone I will be able to tackle the clutter from our vacation. It might take me until Spring Break, but I'm determined to reclaim my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment