About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, February 11, 2019

Ice

Another week begins with school cancelations. Our driveway and yard are shimmering under a thick coat of ice. I don't know how much ice has accumulated, and I have no intention of venturing outside to find out. I abhor ice and avoid walking in those conditions whenever possible. Today will be spent inside, enjoying the glistening from my windows and playing with the boys.  

Saturday was cold but clear, allowing us the opportunity to take Timmy to one of his favorite playgrounds. My little buddy ran, climbed, played and jumped for nearly five hours. He made "buddies" with a revolving flow of kids who arrived for and left after other parties. I wish making friends was as easy for me as it is for him!  

Sunday I continued my organizing efforts by tackling a few more cabinets and drawers in my kitchen. I continue to be amazed by the amount of junk, trash, and donatable goods I have accumulated. I find the decluttering to be both satisfying and overwhelming. When I look at the entirety of the project it feels insurmountable. Instead, I'm trying to just focus on mini goals. One cabinet at a time on a consistent basis, and hopefully the house will be purged by the end of the year.  

I'm hoping to finish the kitchen today. Because we have ice and not snow, Timmy will have to entertain himself inside. Hopefully he will be happy building a train, allowing me the opportunity to focus on my own project.

No comments:

Post a Comment