About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Panic and Pain

Another storm is moving into the area, and true to form, I didn't need the Weather Channel to take note. I woke up this morning moving like the Tin Man before he was thoroughly oiled. I'm hoping that some ibuprofen and a strong cup of coffee can work similar magic on this middle-aged lady.

In truth, my weather aches and pains aren't the only reason I'm feeling off today. I woke up at 2 in the throws of anxiety and panic. I tried everything to calm my worry-flooded mind, but nothing worked. As the minutes ticked by in the darkness, my anxiety only increased as I also began to fret about the missed sleep.

I am not sure what triggered the anxiety. Much like my phantom pain, both come from out of nowhere and have the ability to ruin my day. I'm thankful that my anxiety has considerably lessened over the past few years. Usually one of my coping techniques works quickly whenever I sense the impending dread and doom sensations. Unfortunately, last night was one of the rare times that nothing seemed to work.

Hopefully the exhaustion that I began to fear during the insomnia will not materialize, and my day will go smoothly.  I have no doubt that tomorrow will be spent shoveling snow, sledding and throwing snowballs with the boys, so I am going to encourage calmer activities today. I'm tired, and my body hurts. A  quiet day on autopilot will be welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment