About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, February 18, 2019

Reunited

Yesterday my Mom's house was filled with giggles and activity because the Cousin Crew was finally reunited. The cousins were delighted to again be together and returned to their normal activities without missing a beat. I love the energy in the house when they are all under the same roof!

In the afternoon I took the kids, Timmy included, Geocaching. Although we weren't successful they had a blast. After several attempts, we abandoned our quest and headed out for ice cream instead. By their logic, it was too cold for Geocaching but the perfect temperature for a frozen treat.

After Timmy went to bed the big kids brought out the card games. We played "Not Parent Approved" and "What do you Meme" for hours. We tried a new game, Quelf, which I highly recommend. My oldest nephew laughed so hard that his nose started to bleed. If you have tweens or teens in your house, I cannot recommend Quelf enough! It is definitely a new family favorite activity.

We finished the evening by binging on junk food and assembling Blessing Bags for those living without a home. The Crew has been asking to assemble bags since the summer. I love their giving spirit and collective thoughtfulness towards others.

Today we are heading back home. I'll be sad to leave, but we had a good visit. I wish that the Crew could have been together longer, but during the school year, it is nearly impossible. They go to their Dad's every weekend, leaving no time to visit with us.





No comments:

Post a Comment