About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Resting and Recovering

As predicted, yesterday was spent taking care of my sick little Timmy. With his fever hovering around 103 throughout the day, he felt downright miserable. Sometime during the night the antibiotics began to work their magic and his fever began to decrease. This morning his fever is hovering around 101, and his energy levels are higher.

Although 101 is still high, compared to where we were yesterday it is a drastic improvement. Timmy's demeanor is lighter and he is actually smiling again. Today we are going to calmly play at home, allowing his body more time to fight off the infection. Hopefully by the end of the week he will be completely recovered, and my little mischief maker will be energetic and fully engaged.

I hate when Timmy is sick, but the timing is convenient considering my current mobility issues. I am still struggling with an inadequate liner, and my modifications are taking a toll. My limb is angry and bruised from being squeezed into a liner that is inappropriate and too small. I am grateful for the opportunity to stay on the couch with Hamlet. He is able to rest and I am allowing my leg to heal. 

Hopefully, in a few days, Timmy will be completely recovered. By the time he is feeling better, my leg should be healed and a new liner (one obtained through a friend instead of insurance because that battle is going to take some time) will have arrived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment