About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Scooter fun

After two hours of working on purging the downstairs, Timmy became bored with our mission. As I was carefully packing up boxes, he was gleefully unpacking them, pulling out the contents as if it were Christmas morning. I finally flew the white flag, putting on his shoes and heading outside to play.  

My Mom surprised Hamlet with a battery operated scooter for his birthday. (Yes, it has training wheels and is virtually untippable.) He loves riding his little scooter up and down our road, wailing the siren whenever he spots a random bug or stick. (It is safe to say the siren is on more than it is off.) He takes his role as road patrol seriously and salutes any neighbor who happens to be outside or who drives by us.  

Unfortunately, the battery in his little scooter isn't quite strong enough to make it up every hill on our road, necessitating that I walk dutifully behind him to provide boosts when needed. Yesterday my Fitbit logged 21,000 steps, the majority of which were taken while on patrol with Timmy.  It's no wonder I was so tired when I finally took my leg off at night! 





No comments:

Post a Comment