About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 03, 2019

Toppled Tree

As anticipated, my anxiety began to melt away throughout the afternoon. The combination of the warm sunshine and the laughter of my boys was the perfect remedy. The "best buddies" brothers continued their water fight, transforming the front yard into a mud pit. They only agreed to a truce when dark clouds rolled in ahead of the storms. 

After drying off and changing into new clothes, Timmy settled down on the couch to play some ABCMouse while Robby worked on making dinner in the kitchen. Robby has been taking a Home-Ec class and has been eager to try out some of his new skills. I could definitely get used to some help in the kitchen!

Robby and I were in the kitchen when the storm rolled through our area.  The winds were just strong enough to down a tree in our backyard. I hate it when trees fall because it reminds me of the vulnerabilities we face from living in the woods. Thankfully the tree fell away from the house and caused no damage. Once again, we were lucky.  

The rain is going to persist throughout the weekend, but hopefully no other trees will topple. It looks like this will be a weekend of indoor activities, which is not a bad thing. I've been doing so much walking lately my leg could certainly use a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment