About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, April 12, 2019

Spooky Cheeseburgers

Mornings are typically devoted to school work in our house. Robby logs onto his computer and attends classes, works through worksheets and teleconferences with classmates and his teachers. While Robby is busy with his classes, Timmy has started logging onto ABCMouse to work on his own curriculum. During the rare occasion when one or both of them don't need me and are actively engaged, I'm able to tidy up and clean the house. 

It has taken us a long time (most of the school year) but our cyberschool program is finally flowing smoothly and comfortably. I feel like we have struck the perfect balance, creating harmony in our household. Between his extracurricular classes, his art class and from his school, Robby is learning volumes and has become a social butterfly. I couldn't be happier!

Yesterday, while both boys were working on their classes, all of a sudden Timmy began squealing for me to come to him. I put down the dirty dishes, wiped my hands and prepared to help him with a technical iPad issue. Instead, Timmy ecstatically replayed a how-to video that he had unlocked on his program. After watching the video with him and seeing his excitement, I agreed that we would make "spooky cheeseburgers" for dinner.  

Timmy couldn't wait for dinnertime. He spoke all day about the "spooky cheeseburgers" and acted out what his Daddy's anticipated reaction to seeing the burger creations on the table. When it was time to make dinner I sequestered Robby and Scott in the back room so that Timmy and I could work on our surprise.

I cooked the burgers, but Timmy was responsible for all assembly.  We played and paused the video, making sure that he did each step correctly. He was delighted with his final creation.  I have a feeling that this won't be the last time we create something from this new video series. 

**Excuse his red face. He decided to paint his face with a ring pop "painter" lollipop while the burgers were cooking.  He was trying to look "spooky" like the cheeseburgers.**




No comments:

Post a Comment