About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Back to Reality

My great plan of staying at my Mom's until Monday to avoid driving in the rain was a miserable failure. The rain continued to fall throughout the day, so I ended up having to tackle the wet roads despite my great plan of avoidance. The drive home was both long and miserable, but we arrived safely and without incident.  

I had a fantastic time visiting with my Mom and it's always sad to leave. Even though we were busy, the weekend just flew by in the blink of an eye. Robby and Timmy also had a fun visit, playing with my Mom and reconnecting with the Cousin Crew.  I love hearing the Cousin Crew's laughter resonating throughout her house, even when it occurs long after they should have gone to bed. I'm counting down to summer vacation when they can be together more often!

Today I'm back to reality. I have my own to-do list to tackle (assuming that I find the motivation to get started.) Hopefully Timmy's improved behavior will continue, allowing me the time I need to finish a project! 

No comments:

Post a Comment