About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 17, 2019

Potty Replacement

Well, I was managed to get the swelling under control yesterday which was advantageous because I needed to be mobile so I could replace our toilet. It turns out that the fallen medicine cabinet broke not only the lid but caused a hairline crack in the tank itself. We discovered a puddle of water on the floor in the morning, forcing our hand on the toilet replacement project.

Thanks to YouTube, Scott and I were successful with our toilet replacement project. It certainly wasn't the evening we had anticipated, but we both feel a sense of satisfaction that only arises after a successful home improvement project has been completed. It feels good to know that our toilet will be in good shape for years to come (barring another disaster).

In the midst of replacing the toilet, Timmy developed a fever. I know that it is simply his immune system running amuck and that there is nothing else organic at play. In a few days, he will rebound and be his normal self. These bouts seem to arise without notice and leave just as quickly. For now, my little guy is relying upon cuddles, the Grinch movie and chicken noodle soup for comfort.



No comments:

Post a Comment