About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 10, 2019

Mother's Day Weekend

Happy Mother's Day Weekend!  

Thankfully Timmy's behavior has equalized and he is no longer seeking destruction. Yesterday he had a great day at the Animal Park and played beautifully with some new buddies. I'm really hoping that this trend continues!

This afternoon the boys and I are heading up to Pennsylvania to see my Mom. I'm looking forward to the visit and to knocking a few things off of her "to-do" list in honor of Mother's Day. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate and Robby, Timmy and I can work outside in her yard. 

Before heading north, Robby has his Friday classes at school. He loves his Friday classes and, even though it would be far more convenient to head up to Pennsylvania before the traffic becomes heavy, I don't want him to miss attending. Instead, he is under a strict directive to come straight to the car when his class is over.  Usually he stays and chats with his friends, but today it is imperative that we hit the highway as soon as possible if I want to make the trip in less than three hours.

Robby has some additional motivation to make it to my car in a timely fashion. If we make it to my Mom's in time, I promised to take him and his cousin to the local Friday night auction. He reviewed the catalog last night and discovered several WWII items up for bid. Hopefully we will make it in time to score some new treasures for his little museum in the basement.

Whatever your plans, I hope that you enjoy your Mother's Day on Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment