About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Energy

One more day until the heatwave is supposed to break, allowing crisper air to enter our area. I realize that it is only August and still summer, but my mind has been tricked into thinking it should be Fall because of the early start to school. In reality, it is supposed to be hot and my expectations for August weather have been skewed by back-to-school activities. Regardless, I'll be thrilled when the cooler air finally arrives. 

I haven't been to an indoor playground since the incident last Friday, but Timmy is becoming antsy inside so I think a play date is in our future. He is definitely a high-energy kid who loves all things physical.  I wish we had a pool membership, because swimming is always such a great outlet for his energy. Since swimming is off the table for the day, he will have to settle for a climbing playground.  

According to the weather forecast, tomorrow we should be able to play outside again. I'm looking forward to riding bikes through the neighborhood and jumping on our trampoline. Hopefully the predictions are right!

No comments:

Post a Comment