About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

School Days

The school year adventures have begun.  Yesterday Scott embarked on his 26th year in the classroom while Robby begun year eight. Neither were particularly thrilled about the return to the school routine, but pair survived the stress and frustrations associated with the first day.

It is hard to believe that my sweet little Koopa is in eight grade. Robby thrived through his online school program so we opted to continue through this year. I realize his classroom is unconventional, but it works for him. 

After Labor Day his extracurricular classes begin which introduces another level of scheduling into my calendar. Most afternoons will be spent chauffeuring Robby from activities and schools for a variety of programs. His enthusiasm definitely makes spending so much time in the car worth the effort!

We plan to enroll Timmy in a pre-K program, but all decisions are on hold until we meet with his doctors next week. I need to make sure that my little guy is healthy enough for a classroom setting. Until then, he has begun working on his "schoolwork" at the same time as his brother. Fingers crossed he is cleared for pre-K, because I know that he would love every moment!



 



No comments:

Post a Comment