About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Hypnotized

We are almost halfway through what I believe to be one of the worst weeks of the year. Between blathering meetings and the stress of classroom preparations, Scott is simultaneously exhausted and edgy. I am doing my best to keep things low key at home, but it hasn't been easy.

The boys, especially Timmy, are having a difficult time with the school year transition. He is quick to vocalize his displeasure each morning when his Daddy drives off to work.  Hopefully Timmy will adjust soon because the morning tantrums while I drink my coffee are becoming an annoying way to start the day.

Yesterday my attempts to distract and entertain Timmy backfired. Our favorite indoor playground has been remodeled and I am not happy with the changes. The lobby and play areas are littered with money grabbing electronic games. Between the flashing lights, cartoon figures and high pitched music, Timmy was hypnotized. I was frustrated that he wasn't playing, climbing and sliding and was, instead, begging to play electronic games. 

Sigh. I think it's time for us to find a new playground. If I wanted to play for arcade games I would take him to Chuck E Cheese.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment