About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 27, 2019

GhostBuster on a Bike

My little Hamlet continues to be all in when it comes to reenacting Ghostbusters. First thing yesterday morning he donned his uniform and went to work, clearing the house of ghosts and other spooky apparitions. After I had sufficient coffee we took the ghost hunting outside so that we could keep the neighborhood safe.

Before heading out through the neighborhood, Timmy took great care to afix printed logos over the HotWheels emblems on the frame of his bike. He was delighted with the final result. We rode up and down the street and through our neighborhood for hours, chasing down ghosts and zapping them with his proton pack. I adore his imagination!

Riding for several hours through the neighborhood, but the adventure would have been far more laborious had I not been gifted an electric bike last Christmas. To be honest, I wasn't entirely thrilled with the prospect of using a pedal assisted bike when I unwrapped it last December. I viewed the motor as somehow cheating, and vowed to ride without the motorized help. After experiencing the pedal assist boost, I quickly changed my tune.

I love my bike! Yesterday I was able to keep up with Timmy as we rode for nearly six miles. I still felt tired, but not overwhelmingly exhausted after our ghost busting adventure. I would highly recommend a pedal assist bike if you are in the market.






No comments:

Post a Comment