About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 26, 2019

OPAF Needs Help

I am beginning my third year as a Board Member for OPAF (my second as Board VP). OPAF, the Orthotic and Prosthetic Activities Fund, provides adaptive sport and recreation experiences for the physically and mobility challenged. We bring "First Clinics" to towns and cities across the country, and our events are always free for participants.

I was delighted when I was accepted onto the Board of Directors. I have always believed in the mission of OPAF, and I have experienced and witnessed the benefits that come from participating in their events. We do great work, and I am proud to be affiliated with such an amazing organization.

As with many nonprofits, OPAF has been facing a financial crisis. Corporate sponsorship dollars are dropping as manufacturers search to diversify their reach. Even though our operating costs kept to a minimum, the organization is struggling.  

We recently launched an online raffle to help raise funds. We are offering an impressive pellet grill (purchased collectively by all members of the Board of Directors) for the prize. Please consider supporting this amazing organization by purchasing a raffle ticket.

We appreciate your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment