About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Rest

By late afternoon, my mischievous and energetic little boy made a triumphant return. He played games, ran through the house with the cats and ate well for the first time in nearly a week. I gladly offered him my steak after he polished off his own during dinner. Steak is his favorite food, and seeing him devouring it enthusiastically after picking at his meals all week was a welcome sight.  

With Timmy on the mend and re-energized, today will be spent baking cookies and decorating the house. I have to contain my compulsion to take him to a playground or activity zone until he has fully rebounded. Even though he is feeling better, I don't want him to push too hard and end up relapsing.  I don't like staying home, but right now I know it is best for my little guy.

On another positive note, my leg hasn't felt this good in a long time. The weeks of rest have done wonders for my sore and battered limb. Like Timmy, apparently all I really needed was extended rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment