About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, February 28, 2020

Hype

Having a child with an autoimmune disorder, the recent "the sky is falling" coverage on the Coronavirus has been terrifying. Despite the constant stream of analysis, warnings and worst case scenario projections, I am reminding myself that flu is still more of an issue. In fact, more people in the United States have succumb to the flu this year than have died by Coronavirus across the world. Of course, the intense news coverage and hype has not helped to foster my perspective.

Our disease safeguards and preparations have remained unchanged with the onset of Coronavirus. Scott and I have been living in quasi-quarantine with the boys for several weeks, and we expect that this will continue. While Scott still has to go to work, he thoroughly disinfects and changes his clothes before coming upstairs at the end of each day. I haven't left the house for so long I honestly can't remember the last time I went to a store. I know that Timmy is antsy at home all the time, keeping his safe is our priority at the moment.

We have been dealing with piles of laundry and gallons of hand sanitizer for so long that it has become our norm. If the virus impacts our area, I feel like we are prepared and ready to hunker down our little fortress. I'm hoping that it doesn't come to that, but I feel comforted knowing that we have our plan in place.



No comments:

Post a Comment