About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Noom

For the past few months I have been revamping my diet and my relationship with food. Unlike other diets I have adopted, I am now working with the mentality that no food is forbidden. The weight loss has been steady but painfully slow. I wanted to call it quits numerous time, looking to replace the plan with something more aggressive, but I have stayed the course because I feel so good.  Slow and steady, with small changes to my lifestyle and perspective, is the path I need to be successful.

Over the years my diets have interfered with family activities, causing both Robby and Scott to lament whenever they learned that I was jumping onto a new bandwagon.  This time I vowed that my desire to shed pounds would no longer impact family traditions, and yesterday was my first big test. Timmy was so excited about his pancake bonanza and I refused to not participate in his celebration!

After being more cognizant about what goes into my mouth and detoxing from the junk that had become a staple of my diet, yesterday's pancake celebration left me feeling like I had a brick in my stomach. I didn't eat as many pancakes as my previous norm, but I didn't need to either. I was able to enjoy pancakes with my family without feeling guilty, which for me was a huge win. Scott, who has witnessed close to 30 diet attempts over the past 20 years, noted that he was happy I was participating and not fretting.

After decades of trying, I think I am finally developing a healthy relationship with food. I wasn't sure if Noom was legitimate and if it was going to work, it turns out that it was exactly what I needed. The pace is slower than I would like, but I have time if it means that the results will be lasting and I can be a relaxed and happy woman while I'm getting healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment