About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, March 12, 2020

Bored

As much as I try to keep him entertained, stimulated and content, I know that Timmy is bored with our quarantine. (We were quarantined before it was trendy!)  He dearly misses playing with buddies and having fun at bounce houses and play zones. Despite my efforts, I am a poor substitute for friends his own age.  

Yesterday I found a Timmy in the bathroom and a stream of urine on my floor. I asked him what happened, and he simply answered, "I was trying to see if I could pee on the door while sitting on the potty." He wasn't embarrassed, nor did he try to lie. Instead, he explained that he was conducting his own experiment. 

He cleaned up the mess and I redirected his efforts into some less disgusting scientific experiments. We made vinegar volcanoes in the sink and learned how to make tarnish disappear in my aluminum pot. When harnessed for good, Timmy's curiosity can become very productive.

He has taken to creating his own bounce experience by using our web cord chair. Sits in the middle, holds onto the sides and bounces around the living room. He has a blast and, other than scratching our nearly 40 year old floor, he isn't hurting anything. It is loud, but he has a blast racing his little bouncing chair through the house. 

At this point, our rules have definitely relaxed in the spirit of quarantine. We aren't quite "anything goes," but we are definitely teetering more towards the "eh, okay" continuum. 




No comments:

Post a Comment