About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, March 06, 2020

Fretting

Sigh.

Timmy's fretting about my missing leg bones continues. Despite my efforts to explain my amputation, to reassure him that I am fine and to demonstrate everything I can do with my prosthesis, my little guy is still worrying. He is vacillating between insisting, in a near panic, that he needs his leg bones and mourning the fact that I no longer have mine.  

I have explained, answered questions and proven that I am capable with my prosthesis. None of these approaches have worked, so today I'm going to try something new. Whenever he starts talking about my "missing leg bones," I am going to try to distract him. I have no idea if this is the right approach, or if it will even work, but I need to try something!

Distraction should be a relatively easy task. Scott's birthday is tomorrow and there is little Timmy enjoys more than getting ready for a party. I don't think I'll have any problem getting him to help me decorate, wrap presents or bake a cake. Hopefully all of the party preparations will push his latest little obsession to the back burner.

No comments:

Post a Comment