About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Park Hero

The temperatures rose to nearly 70 degrees yesterday. Our daffodils are beginning to show their flower buds and I spotted the first crocus flower blooming in my neighbor's yard. I am begrudgingly accepting that the snow we had been anticipated for snowmen and sledding is not going to materialize this year. It feels like winter missed us completely.

According to my Facebook memories, we should have spent yesterday afternoon throwing snowballs and sledding. Instead we were playing at the park and enjoying the warm air. Between the obscenely hot summer and the warm winter, this year's weather has been weird!

To Timmy's delight, Robby agreed to go to the park to play with him. In his adoring little eyes, there is nothing better than having his big brother spend time with him at the park. Timmy grinned and giggled the entire way to the park. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot and turned off the car the boys took off running towards the swings. 

The brothers played, explored and ran for nearly two hours. Timmy kept running to me to get a drink of water and to declare that it was "the best day of my whole life." Robby, witnessing Timmy's enthusiasm first hand, felt like a superhero for making Timmy so happy.  

We may not have been playing in the snow, but we had a great time yesterday!





No comments:

Post a Comment