About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, April 10, 2020

Windy

The wind was blowing with such force that we had to stay inside for most of the day.  The boys and I were able to escape on our bikes for a brief trek in the morning, but we abandoned our ride early because of the strong winds. Instead we opted to watch the raining twigs from the safety of our living room. 

Although Timmy pleaded to play outside, dodging falling branches and nuts in a quest for fresh air didn't feel like a strong trade-off. (It is also a really bad time to go to the ER should one of us become injured by flying debris.) Instead I opened some windows and transformed our living areas into an obstacle course. Decided to up the excitement level, he completed the course wearing his roller skates. 

It feels foreign to me that Easter is this weekend. With the country on lock down, celebrating feels unnatural. I'm going to do my best to get into the holiday spirit, but I'm just not feeling it at the moment. Maybe this is a situation where I just need to fake it until I feel it?

No comments:

Post a Comment