About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 15, 2020

Cheesy

A few weeks ago I saw a segment on Good Morning America advertising a cheese making kit. Honestly, it didn't take much to convince me to jump on the purchasing bandwagon. For some reason, making cheese has been something I've been wanting to try for the past two decades. Between the deal and the time afforded by quarantine, taking the plunge to chase my cheese making dreams seemed like a no-brainer.

To my delight, my kit arrived Wednesday night. After finishing my work yesterday, I cleaned off my kitchen counter and began my first foray into cheese making. I don't think I've been this excited since quarantine started!

I spend a lot of time in my kitchen, but it has been a long time since I have had this much fun cooking. I had water boiling, my instructional cheese making video playing and pans clanging. I loudly belted out self-composed cheese making songs as I enthusiastically pulled and molded my cheese. 

At one point the boys were all standing in the doorway to the kitchen, quizzically watching my antics. I was loud, messy and having a blast. None of them quite knew what to make of my theatrics, but they all knew enough to leave me uninterrupted.  

Sometimes, I guess it's good to do something just for yourself.  I found an escape from the pandemic in a virtual cheese making class. Not only did I have a great time, but I have a bowl full of excellently pulled cheese in my refrigerator. 




No comments:

Post a Comment