About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Quarantine Anxiety

Quarantine is starting to wear me down. Most days I feel like I'm able to go with the flow, but yesterday was rough. I'm not sure why, but I woke up feeling claustrophobic, irritable and antsy. I wanted nothing more than to just hop into the car to drive and visit my friends. 

Being socially responsible, I knew that a friend visit was not feasible. I tried to occupy my mind with mundane tasks throughout the day, hoping that my stay-at-home malaise would wane.  The more I tried to pretend that everything was okay the more irritable I became. I finally decided it would be best for everybody if I just surrendered to the sadness for the rest of the day.

It's odd, because allowing myself to feel sad and restless actually helped me to feel better. This is hard for everybody, moms included. I think I have become so consumed with making sure that everybody else in the house is comfortable, happy and calm that I forgot to take care of myself. 

Sometimes I guess we all need to curl up on the couch and wallow for a little bit. After a good cry, a long bath and a bowl of cookie dough ice cream, I began to feel the quarantine anxiety lift. Today I'm feeling happier and stronger, ready to tackle another day of quarantine!

No comments:

Post a Comment