About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, June 29, 2020

Drive-In

I had a wonderful weekend at my Mom's house. It was fantastic to just relax and hear the kiddos laughing throughout the day and night. I have to admit, being spoiled by my Mom was so nice! Every morning I woke up (after sleeping in) to fresh blueberry muffins and hot coffee brewing. I am so incredibly lucky!

Friday afternoon my Mom took Robby on a special trip. Robby didn't know where he was going and I was sworn to secrecy. After about an hour they returned and Robby was grinning from ear-to-ear. He was beyond giddy when he pulled out a beautiful bass guitar that his Nana just purchased for him. Right now he can only play it in short spurts because the stringers are thicker than they are on the guitar and his fingers need to build up deeper callouses, but he'll be playing for long periods in no time!

At night I packed up Robby and Tiffany and we went to the drive-in to see Grease. The kids are such good sports and eagerly gathered costumes for the event. (As a side note, Robby looks really good as a Greaser.)  My sister met us and joined us for the fun.

Saturday and Sunday were spent just playing around my Mom's house. Timmy spent most of his time in his "gym," which is basically a playground Nana built for him under her deck.  Sunday night we headed back to the drive-in, this time to watch Footloose.  Because of social distancing, it looks like the drive-in might become our "thing" this summer.









No comments:

Post a Comment