About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, June 26, 2020

Free Berries

It seems that every summer I have a similar lesson. I vow to learn from the experience and to never let it happen again. This year, despite quarantine, has been no different. I forgot (again) that there is no such thing as a free berry. 

I always become excited when the blackberry bushes begin to fruit. Going for bike rides with Robby, it is so easy to just pull over to the side of the road and grab a few handfuls of ripe, juicy berries. Every single year I end up with a mouthful of delicious berries and limbs covered with poison ivy.  

Last night I began to itch. By the middle of the night it felt like my elbows and my knees were under attack. This morning the joints are hot, itchy and covered with large red welts.  Those berries were delicious, but they were definitely not worth the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment