About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Team Pool

Yesterday was more laid back, which was a welcome relief. I was able to work through the morning but logged off in the afternoon. Timmy splished and splashed in his little pool while I just sat and relaxed. The humidity finally broke and it felt fantastic to be outside. 

Watching Timmy play and enjoy his pool has reignited my desire to get a pool at home. Our last attempt was a disaster and I swore I would never try again. The stage is still in pieces in our driveway, waiting to be hauled away. It's ironic that the junk hauler is coming today to remove the remaining pieces of our failed pool attempt while I am lobbying to try again.

This time I think we need to do it right. Bring somebody in to level the land before constructing a sturdy and sensibly sized above ground pool. The boys are all on board with our plan. At this point we just need to convince Scott. Hopefully, watching Timmy playing all summer in a little pool in our driveway will motivate him to jump to Team Pool!

The highlight of our day came during the evening, when Robby finally attended in-person band practice. He was thrilled to be back with his friends. I have to give props to his music school for keeping the program afloat, but I know that everybody was happy to return to their jam sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment