About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Fish On

We have a few days until the new virtual school year begins. Instead of fretting and worrying I decided to put my anxiety to the side and concentrate on having fun with the boys. If the next few weeks are as hectic as I fear, I want to have as much fun as possible while I still can!

Early afternoon I put my computer down and Scott and I found the fishing poles and tackle. I pulled some hotdogs out of the freezer, told the boys to get their shoes on and directed them to meet us in the car. Both complained until they saw Scott walking out the door with the fishing poles. It was amazing how quickly both Robby and Timmy can move when they are motivated.

Timmy was the only one to catch a fish. He was delighted and squealed as he reeled in his catch. I let him do it by himself but stood close in case he needed help. It turns out that his fish was about the size of a goldfish so it didn't put up much of a struggle. Actually, I'm not sure how such a tiny little fish could get hooked. 

Robby didn't catch any fish, but he did snag a snapping turtle. Thankfully the hook did not set and we were able to save our pole and line. He spent the rest of the afternoon watching and feeding his new snapping turtle buddy. (It turns out that a snapping turtle can eat a hotdog in one gulp.)

We had a great time fishing at our little local lake. The dock was secluded, which eliminated my Covid fears as well as our need to mask up. It was great just being outside, doing something together away from our yard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment