About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 21, 2020

School Days

 I find it unfathomable that I have a rising freshman and kindergarten students. It feels like just last year I was hiding in the bushes, peeking into the windows of Robby's classroom to make sure that he was okay. Now he is preparing for high school! 

I think about the fact that Robby is entering high school and my anxiety goes into overdrive.  Academically, he is ready. But emotionally, I am not. I know that the next four years will move quickly and the thought of him leaving for college fills me with grief and angst. He is just an awesome young man, but sometimes I miss my sweet little kid Koopa.  

As Robby embarks on his high school career, Timmy is just starting his. Kindergarten starts on Monday and he is very excited. His books arrived yesterday and he opened the box with the enthusiasm of Christmas morning.  I hope that he is always so excited to learn!

Because of his autoimmune issues and the schools opting for virtual learning only, we have decided to enroll him in the same cyber school as Robby. It just made sense to be working off the same platform for both kids. Eventually he will go to a more traditional setting, but this is not a normal year. 

Today we are headed to Pennsylvania to enjoy one last hurrah before the academic year begins. I know that Robby is eager to hang out with his cousins, and Timmy misses his Nana. When we return on Sunday, we will be in the school year mind frame.


No comments:

Post a Comment