About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Scared

 I'm trying to remain calm about the upcoming school year, but in reality I'm in a full blown panic. I'm so worried about managing my work responsibilities and virtual schooling tasks on a daily basis. I look at the totality of responsibilities and I just feel completely lost and overwhelmed. I'm know that we will, eventually, settle into a routine and that I will make it all work. At least, that is my hope!

I've spent the past week getting ready for the new school year. Timmy's learning corner has been prepared. His supplies have been purchased and we are just waiting for his books to arrive. All 32 pounds of them! Yikes. (I have to admit when I read the weight on the shipping confirmation, my anxiety was set into a tailspin.)

I'm mainly worried about supporting Timmy's academic endeavors because I know that kindergarten will require a huge time investment from me. Although Robby's academics are considerably harder, I have confidence that he can navigate much of his syllabus by himself. That isn't to say that I won't be involved, but I certainly won't need to be as task-oriented and hands-on as I will be with Timmy.  

I wish I could be excited about the upcoming school year. I want to view it as an adventure and something that will be both engaging and fun. Unfortunately, I'm just plain terrified.

No comments:

Post a Comment