About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Prepping

It is amazing how one single dinner can take so much preparation. Between creating lists, timelines and prepping, I spent an inordinate amount of time getting ready to make Thanksgiving dinner. I always knew it was a lot of work, but I don't think I appreciated the scope of the effort until this year.

Today Robby is going to use the Alexa to virtually make the stuffing with my Mom. I have all of the ingredients (I think) and she will be making hers at the same time. While it isn't the same as being there in person, I know that Robby is really looking forward to it. Hopefully, with her guidance and Robby's hands, we will end up with a stuffing that is at least similar to my mom's. 

Timmy has called dibs on pie preparation. While I would like to think that it is because he likes to bake, I know my little Hamlet too well. He loves Cool-Whip, which is slathered over our chocolate and vanilla cream pies. I know he is hoping for multiple tastes during the assembly. He has been eyeballing the Cool-Whip in our refrigerator like a dog coveting a steak. 

Between working and preparing for Thanksgiving, today will be busy. At this point I would rather stay busy because it keeps me from becoming too sad. I miss being home with my Mom, but I am trying to make the best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment