About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, February 03, 2021

Impact

Per our snow day schedule, I spent the morning working while Timmy busied himself with his school projects. In the afternoon, after we both had lunch, we headed outside to play. We spent several hours throwing snowballs, sledding and tracking animals in the snow. (We weren't as successful tracking because the yard was covered with our own footprints.) To Timmy's delight, it is going to stay cold for awhile so I think the winter wonderland is here to stay.

I've had a great time playing in the snow with Timmy, but my body is starting to feel the impact. I slipped yesterday, causing me to slide down the snow hill on my back. Thankfully I wasn't hurt, but I am definitely feeling the fall this morning. Getting old stinks!

Today schools have reopened, which means that Scott will be returning to work in the basement. I know that he has enjoyed having the days off, but if I were to be completely honest I'd have to admit I'll be happy to our "normal" virtual school schedule.  Both boys concentrate better when the distraction of "Daddy's home" isn't a factor.


No comments:

Post a Comment