About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, February 01, 2021

Snow Fun!

 There is nothing quite like a change of routine to jolt me out of my antsy mood. Yesterday we had a significant (for our area) snowfall which transformed our yard into a beautiful winter landscape. Seeing all of our tree branches covered with sparkling white powder reminded me that we are so lucky to live in the woods. I have been taking our home for granted, probably because I have been tethered here for so long.

Timmy and Robby were both ecstatic with the snowfall. We spent most of the day outside, throwing snowballs and sledding. Every two hours I wrangled the kids back inside to warm up and to redry their clothes. As soon as everybody and everything was warm, we layered back up and headed back outside.

When the roads became passable in the afternoon we went to the local park to take advantage of their steep hills. (Even though there were other families at the park, everybody was respectful about distance.)The boys took turns whizzing down the hill on the tube, laughing and giggling for hours.

By the time the sun was setting Timmy was exhausted. He fell asleep early and slept a little longer than normal. The first thing he did this morning was peek out the window to see if he still had snow. To delight, it is snowing again!



 




No comments:

Post a Comment